Sunday, February 14, 2010

Scott Walker - Scott 4 (Philips, 1969)

who wants to be lonely?
I really couldn't not post this after this weekend. I was house-sitting for a friend in Santa Barbara with a woman I am deeply in love with. We never really see each other any more, seeing as how she lives in Santa Barbara but it makes our meetings all the more special. She didn't know I was going up, so I surprised her by showing up at her door and bringing her Valentine's Day "gift". She wasn't thrilled. It was 3:00am, but she agreed to accompany me to the house I was staying in. We talked for hours and drank the sweet berry wine that I brought for her (half as a joke) and we smoked my grandfather's tobacco pipe from WWII. Feeling sorry for ourselves while we listened to Scott Walker's first 4 albums, we laid on the floor in the darkness as the strings and baritone voices of Scott 1-4 washed over us and painted pictures on the backs of our eyes during what seemed like an eternity. "I must stop chasing fleeting fancies".

Download

Buy It!

1 comment:

  1. I love your story. When all of the mayhem of the modern world is swirling around us all it is wonderful to spend time with the one that you love. Scott 4 is cool as well.

    ReplyDelete